Acne is a common skin condition aggravated by hormonal changes. Essential oils can help clear up blemishes and prevent new ones by cleansing the skin and fighting the production of sebum, the oily substance that clogs pores.
Acne Neat Application
3 or 4 drops of Melaleuca essential oil
Use a cotton swab, apply the undiluted melaleuca directly to blemishes.
Acne Steam Application
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 drop clary sage essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
1. Pour the hot water into bowl.
2. Add clary sage and thyme essential oils.
3. Drape a towel over your head draped closely over the bowl.
4. Bend to hold your face over the bowl. Make sure to keep your eyes closed.
5. Perform the treatment for 5 minutes, periodically lifting one side of the towel to
take a breath.
6. After 5 minutes, sit back up and remove the towel.
7. Rinse your face with cold water to close the pores.